Friday, May 30, 2008

Water Lillies and BullFrog



Okay - so I'm having fun with this new blog. I'm working tonight (I work from home doing emergency care nurse case mangement for oil rigging companies) and I'm waiting for my patient/employee to be seen at the hospital - so have some time on my hands. Here are my water lillies that grow in our little water feature and a neat frog sitting on the lilly pad. I have the best water lilly crop this year which is good. It helps hide the little koi fish we have. When we first moved here - we had about 40 little gold fish. Then one day, along came the blue heron and ate them all but 5 or 6. Blue Herons are very bold - he came back another day, so I went out with the shotgun and he just ran a few yards and stopped and stared at me. So, I raised the gun and shot above him to scare him off. I couldn't shoot to kill, but I did scare him off for a while. He managed to come back when we weren't around and ate the rest of my fish. So, this last spring, Len got me some new ones. We have one beautiful Koi that is about 6" now and I'm hoping is smart enough to stay away from the Blue Heron. Len said I don't have to worry till Fall now. I've got to come up with something to keep that booger out of my fish pond.......

No comments: